Sachse U round 2

Khalil Harry, Writer

Coming from an undefeated district season and previously making it to the third round in the playoffs, the Mustangs are expecting to do amazing things in this school year’s football season.

“Well, I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’m excited about every season.” said Coach Mark ‘Red’ Behrens, head athletic director of Sachse High School.  “That’s the build-up to all of the hard work, and it doesn’t matter what your endeavor is. If you work, work, work, work, work, then you’re ready to get going,”

They also had a great offseason. Behrens said they came out bonding as a family and coming together as one which is the main focus for this year’s success,

“It’s all about our kids learning to gel together because we had a lot of new bodies and a lot of new starter,” Behrens said. “You want them to come together and you want the unit and everyone included. On the sideline they can get together chemistry-wise and as a family, play together, fight together. If you do those things, you’ve got the opportunity to win football games.”

Losing valuable seniors should not extinguish the chances of domination for the Mustangs. “We had graduated with a lot of seniors, and it’s time for a lot of these young guys to have an opportunity to step up,” Behrens said.