JV, freshman football enter district play

Genell McClendon

defensive tackle junior Hayden McCommas

Ethan Schmidt, Sports Writer

The JV and freshman teams took on Lakeview Thursday, Sept. 16 in district openers coming away with two wins and a scoreless tie.

JV quarterback junior Grayson King opened up the game with a 68 yard touchdown run on the very first play from scrimmage. The early score set the tone for the rest of the game with the JV team defeating Lakeview 34-6.

“It really set the tone for the game,” King said. “We really felt confident and pumped up after that.”

Defensive tackle junior Hayden McCommas tallied up to seven tackles in a hot first half for him. 

“The d-line really played great,” McCommas said. “We stepped up when it really mattered.”

Sachse´s JV and freshman teams both have had a rough start to their season. Both finished with a record of 1-2 after non-district play. Both teams took tough losses to Coppell and Denton Braswell.

“I think we learned a lot,” King said. “We weren’t really put together where we wanted to be yet taking two losses, but heading into district play we are feeling pretty good.”

The freshman teams also took on Lakeview Sept. 16 for their district openers. The White team blew out the Patriots 28-0. The Blue team’s game ended in a 0-0 tie. The defense for both teams really showed up to play.