Lady Mustangs 3-0 in district play

Genell McClendon

senior Macy Puckett and junior Macy Taylor

Andrew Paredes, Sports Writer

It was the third district game sweep for the Lady Mustangs (23-9)  Friday, Sept. 17, when they took on the Lakeview Centennial Lady Patriots (2-12) for the homecoming volleyball game. 

Senior Emily Westbrook has been an important defensive specialist for the Lady Mustangs varsity squad since her freshman year. 

“The Lakeview game was a good match with a lot of competition from both sides,” Westbrook said. “ We still came out on top and got the job done in 3 being the stronger team. We will continue district play fighting every point and getting prepared for the playoffs, and we are confident in going undefeated throughout district play.”

Earlier in the week they added to their win against Wylie by beating Namaan Forest (3-11) in three straight sets. 

Sachse dominated the game from start to finish by sweeping the Lady Rangers with scores of 25-13, 25-13 and 25-9. 

Senior Macy Puckett is a dominant offensive presence for the Lady Mustangs this season. 

“We are overall happy with our win, and we felt good as a team,” Puckett said. “We’ll continue to work harder and improve for whoever we play next.”  

The Lady Mustangs opened district play Friday, Sept. 10, taking on the Wylie Pirates at home with a 3-0 win. In what was supposed to be their biggest competition, Sachse beat the Lady Pirates in a dominating fashion, with scores of 25-18, 25-12 and 25-13. 

Junior Macy Taylor, who is ranked 33 in the state of Texas, said she is “very hopeful” for how the Lady Mustangs are going to perform when it comes to district play. 

“We thought that Wylie would have been the best when it comes to district play,” Taylor said. “This gave us a lot of hope, and it showed us what we could do when it comes to the rest of district play.”