Get your boo on at the second annual trunk or treat

Last years Trunk or Treat had quite the turn out including the trunk pictured above. This years Trunk or Treat is expected to have an even bigger turn out on Halloween in the front parking lot from 4 – 6 p.m.

Ryan Mitchell, Writer

The front parking lot will be busy with activity Saturday with Mustang Market in the morning and Trunk or Treat in the afternoon. 

SHS booster clubs will be set up in the morning selling a variety of spirit wear and other SHS related gear. Mustang Market runs from 9 a.m. to noon. The event is sponsored by the Class of 2021 Booster Club.  You can also sign up for the 2020 Turkey Trot during this event

In the afternoon, from 4-6 p.m. the parking lot will be transformed into the Second Annual Trunk or Treat hosted by the choir program. For this event, teams and individuals have signed up to  decorate the trunks of their vehicles with Halloween and fall decorations and  pass out candy to the trunk or treaters circulating by the cars.

Sophomore Ella Palmer outside her Harry Potter themed trunk at last year’s trunk or treat.

“The Trunk or Treat is a way to build choir culture, program loyalty, while allowing our families to participate in a safe trick or treating experience,” choir director Kristin Poligala said.

Last year’s event went very well and drew a big crowd, Poligala said As with last year,  students from Hudson Middle School, Sewell Elementary and Armstrong Elementary are all invited. 

“Last year there was never a dull moment,” choir member junior Phillip Grecu said, “and I think right now everybody could use a fun night.” 

Trunk teams are limited to three people, one of which must be Sachse student or faculty or a Hudson or Schrade Middle School student. The decorated trunks will be judged with the winning team earning the grand prize trophy.

Health and safety protocols will be followed with extra spacing between the cars and only one person wearing gloves handing out candy from each team.  Even though the event is outside, masks are still required.