Eagles crush Mustangs in round 1

Senior+Jordan+Brooks+%2844%29+and+junior+Jackson+Lajoie+%2828%29+combine+for+a+tackle+in+the+playoff+game+against+Allen.++

courtesy of Brad McClendon

Senior Jordan Brooks (44) and junior Jackson Lajoie (28) combine for a tackle in the playoff game against Allen.

David Siburt, Writer

The Mustangs took on the Allen Eagles who entered round one of the playoffs ranked 8th in the state and 46th nationally. The past few years Allen High School has been a juggernaut winning the state championship four out of the last seven years.

Sachse has been no pushover the last few years winning the district title four years in a row.

In the final game of the season on Nov. 15, the Mustangs were manhandled 55-20 by the Eagles. The team really had no chance from the beginning as the Eagles jumped on the Mustangs for 17 in the first quarter and added 21 more in the second to secure a 38-3 lead at the half. 

The game ended 55-20 after the Mustangs scored 17 points in garbage time.

“We came out of the tunnel slow and sluggish,” quarterback senior Xavier Forman said. “When playing a team as good as Allen you have to be on your A-game the whole time, or you will get exposed. They made us pay.” 

The Mustangs had a very good season finishing 8-3 overall and 6-1 in district. The team graduated a lot of senior talent last year, so it was impressive they were still able to continue their dominance in district and secure a playoff game.